1 butternut squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard the seeds. Place flesh side up on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and season with the salt. Where the seeds were removed add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 rosemary sprig to each half.
4. Cover the butternut squash tightly with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
5. Remove from the oven and uncover. Let cool until you can handle it. Scoop out the flesh of the butternut squash.
6. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once melted and bubbling, add the cooked butternut squash. Gently tossing around until a golden brown texture begins to form.
7. Transfer to serving dish. This side dish is ready to serve family style.
Share with us!