1 butternut squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 sprigs rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard the seeds. Place flesh side up on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and season with the salt. Where the seeds were removed add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 rosemary sprig to each half.
4. Cover the butternut squash tightly with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until tender.
5. Remove from the oven and uncover. Let cool until you can handle it. Scoop out the flesh of the butternut squash.
6. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once melted and bubbling, add the cooked butternut squash. Gently tossing around until a golden brown texture begins to form.
7. Transfer to serving dish. This side dish is ready to serve family style.
October 16 is World Food Day, a worldwide event to bring about awareness of food-related issues and increase efforts to alleviate hunger.
Fall is definitely in the air and our favorite time of year. We love when the store is dressed out in fall decorations, which we have to offer! Pumpkins, Hay Bales, Corn Stalks, Mini pumkins, decorative gourds & Indian Corn etc.... so come let us help you decorate! New this fall season is pumpkins for baking at .69 lb. The fresh bread from Geoorgio's has been getting a great response so if you haven't tried it yet we highly recommend it! This morning Buddy went by Whigham and picked up "fresh cut from the field" Collards & Mustards $3.50 per bundle. Limited supply so come early. He also picked up (our last delivery for this farming season) shelled white acre peas, so if you haven't put yours up for the winter, now is the time. We also restocked our Blackberry Patch syrups and added 3 no sugar variaties and 2 new flavors! Mayhaw and Sweet Potatoe! They sound yummy don't they! We appreciate your business and keeping it local! Looking forward to seeing you all! Thank you!
•3 tbsp. Blackberry Patch Red Ripe Strawberry Syrup
•1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
•7 oz. Brie cheese with rind* (may be wedge or round)
•Fresh strawberries, cut-up (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a glass oven-proof container, heat Red Ripe Strawberry Syrup and lemon juice about 1 minute or until bubbly. (Caution mixture will be very hot.) Place brie in an oven-proof serving container. Pour hot mixture over cheese to cover. If using, place cut-up strawberries on top. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with crackers or toast.
Share with us!